Personal Data Controller
Your personal data controller is a member of the VAN Group whose website or application you have been using. The following entities are members of the
– VAN Cargo S.A., with its registered office at ul. Przecławska 8, 03-879 Warszawa, tax identification number NIP: 524-21-25-771
– Podlasie S.A., with its registered office at ul. Krasińskiego 29, 21-400 Łuków, NIP: 825-00-04-049
– Kurier Sp. z o.o., with its registered office at ul. Chopina 3, 21-400 Łuków, NIP: 825-00-07-289
The personal data controller with regard to orders completed for VAN Cargo S.A. is VAN Cargo S.A.
The personal data controller with regard to orders completed for Podlasie S.A. is Podlasie S.A.
The personal data controller with regard to orders completed for Kurier Sp. z o.o. is Kurier Sp. z o.o.
Data Protection Officer
Mr. Adam Kasperowicz is the Data Protection Officer. Contact details regarding personal data protection: RODO@vancargo.com
Legal basis and purpose of processing
We process personal data, inter alia, for the following purposes:
– entering into and successfully completing a service contract or service for the VAN Group members. Data is processed to an extent required for the execution of a given contract. The execution of the contracts entered into by the VAN Group members involves acquiring transport orders and completing them with subcontractors working for us. The realization of legitimate interests includes any and all activities accompanying order execution such as (for example, handling payments, claims, debt collection, providing important information regarding a given order – drivers’ details, truck location etc.);
– ensuring service security (e.g. checking for unauthorized access to accounts);
– performing statistical analysis with regard to the services rendered and improving offered products;
– sending commercial offer pertaining to products, services and tools to the Group’s business partners.
Personal data is processed only to the extent for which it has been obtained by the Data Controller in the course of business activities.
Personal data recipients may include employees, customers and subcontractors of the Data Controller provided that it is required for the performing of the contracts or in legally justified cases.
The user’s personal data will only be processed in relation to the applicable legal basis. Such legal basis will be conditional upon reasons for which the user’s personal data has been collected and for the purposes for which it was collected.
In the majority of cases, the processing of the user’s personal data will be necessary for us to perform the concluded transport contracts (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR). Otherwise the following legal basis will be applicable:
– consents given (e.g. for marketing purposes)
– legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller (e.g. for administrative purposes or safeguarding contract performance).
In compliance with applicable laws, your data may only be transferred in reasonable cases to trusted data processors contracted by us, e.g. the providers of IT services and systems, postal operators and couriers, payment operators, the providers of consulting services, accounting, legal or auditing services, other external subcontracting parties and entities authorized to obtain data pursuant to the applicable laws, e.g. courts or law enforcement authorities – only provided that a demand to make such data available is made based on an appropriate legal basis. The data may only be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“the third country” pursuant to the GDPR) provided that the execution of a specific transport order requires the same.
In the event of entrusting personal data processing, the data may only be entrusted based on an agreement for entrusting data processing pursuant to which a given entity is obligated to safeguard the data properly and refrain from using the same for its own purposes.
The user’s data will be stored for no longer than is necessary for purposes for which the personal data are processed. To establish an appropriate storage period, we take into account the number, nature and sensitivity level of personal data, specific purposes for which they are processed and whether such purposes can be fulfilled using other means.
Your personal data will be stored for a period required for the purposes specified above and thereafter for a period and to an extent required by the applicable laws.
The data will be processed for the purpose of the execution of an order during the contract’s term and after its termination until the expiry of limitation periods for claims of either party.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data by us:
– the right to obtain information regarding the manner in which your personal data are processed and to obtain their copy. In the event of the second and each next copy, an additional fee may be charged of which the party concerned will be advised. The amount of such fee will correspond to costs of preparing the copy;
– the right to have the personal data rectified (in the event of inaccurate or changed data), erased (in the event of the absence of a basis for holding such data by the Data Controller) or to have the processing restricted (in the event of processing specific data to a limited extent in relation to an objection or application for data rectification or the will to store the data in relation to the applicant’s claims);
– the right to the transfer of the data in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format;
– the right to object to the data processing by the Data Controller – applicable to the personal data processed based on the Data Controller’s legitimate interest;
– the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of personal data – applicable to consents given for marketing purposes;
– the right to file a complaint to a supervisory authority being the President of the Office for Data Protection (UODO) in Poland.
Terms and conditions of making a part of personal data available
The provision of the driver’s personal data and location in the course of the order execution is indispensable to the process, hence, failure to make such data available prevents co-operation.
The provision of your personal data by you is mandatory only if a legal regulation or a requirement resulting from a contract entered into by the parties which constitutes its integral part is a prerequisite for personal data processing.
No profiling of personal data is carried out.
The service uses local cookies to automatically display to the user proper language version of the web site.
The service uses third party cookies to redirect and to monitor the activity in the scope of viewing a video placed at web site.
At the VAN Group, the Personal Data Protection Officer has been appointed pursuant to the regulation. The Personal Data Protection Officer can be contacted regarding any and all matters pertaining to the applicant’s personal data processing.
E-mail address: email@example.com
VAN cargo S.A. / Data Protection Officer, Przecławska 8, 03-879 Warszawa